Who am I?
Carey W. Brown – 678-860-6141 – email@example.com
What am I looking for?
I’m looking for one-time projects, part-time/full-time employment or contracts that can be done remotely. I’m reliable, always available, and can meet in person or video chat when needed. References available upon request.
What do I do?
My background over the past 17 years has been in graphic design and marketing. I’m also experienced in product development, packaging design and the legal aspects of product launches (barcodes, trademarks etc.). I’ve worked with small and large ticket items, and am comfortable dealing with all levels of clientele. My graphic design experience is also in magazines, branding, billboards, brochures and other collateral.
What applications/platforms am I experienced in?
Graphic Design and Video: I consider myself an expert in Adobe Photoshop, from design to photo manipulation. I’m also very familiar with Illustrator and InDesign. For video editing, I’ve used Adobe Premier for about 3 years and Final Cut Pro before that. I’m also very experienced in designing for CMYK printing with appropriate bleeds, resolution and formatting.
Amazon: I’ve become very well versed in almost every aspect of dealing with Amazon, working through Seller Central, Fulfillment by Amazon and Vendor Central. My experience includes working through cases, getting products/categories approved for listing, sponsored listings, buy-box and prime, along with account optimization and health.
Ebay: I have almost 5000 positive feedbacks as a top-rated power seller under my personal username, coastalsquirrel, mostly selling used products such as art and antiques. I’ve also had a lot of success getting companies started selling new products on ebay.
Other Web/Ecommerce platforms: I’m also familiar/proficient with Bonanza, Shopify, BigCommerce, WordPress and Joomla
Where have I worked?
Coastal Squirrel – Owner: June 2012-Present
I started Coastal Squirrel in 2012, and it encompasses everything that I do, including freelance/contract design and marketing, online sales, adventure, etc. I occasionally accept employment contracts, which are listed below.
Accar Jewelry – Vice President, Online Retail: September 2016-September 2017
– Marketing high-end pre-owned watches such as Rolex, Patek Philippe, Hublot, Omega, Cartier, Audemars Piguet and more
– Managed social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for 3 divisions. All photography was done by me
– Managed online retail sales including Amazon and eBay
– Signed as a 1 year contract
TQ Outdoor Products/TQ Direct – Vice President, Products: April 2015-October 2016
– After leaving Trophy Quest in 2012 to move to South Florida, they asked me to come back on board for a contract position to help launch a new line of outdoor products.
– I designed all the packaging, sourced the materials, created ads, bar codes and everything else needed for a successful launch.
– Started and built up accounts for Amazon and ebay
– Sold over $12k in deer feeders in only the second month, which was far past expectations for a brand new, previously unknown product with no brand loyalty.
– Produced and appeared in several TV commercials and product placement skits promoting the products
– Traveled throughout the southern states doing sales presentations, training and more.
– Signed as a 2 year contract
Lumitec – Marketing Manager: August 2014-April 2015
– Set up minimum pricing policy and procedures to keep retail pricing in line with company requirements
– Helped increase Amazon sales from $30k per month to $60k per month and expanded offering by 5 products
– Managed both retail and consumer trade shows, including setting up space, designing signage/promo items and interacting with customers at the shows
– Created LumitecProgression.com to promote the company’s technology on a new boat
– Handled the photography for events, photo shoots, etc.
– Filmed and edited several videos to promote the company and products
– Gained a thorough understanding of the business, industry and products, quickly becoming a go to person for questions from the sales, engineering and customer service departments.
– Managed social media, interacting and building relationships with customers and increasing sales as a direct result
-Managed many of the business requirements such as trademarks and press releases
Trophy Quest – Director of Marketing: March 2011-January 2012
– Started a Facebook fan page and gained over 7,000 fans and increased Youtube views from 200 to over 20,000
– Completely redesigned and consolidated multiple websites into one at TeamTQ.com
– Solidified the company branding, focusing on a black/white look and promoting the “TQ”
– Started an online store, TQdirect.com, selling archery and hunting products, selling $1,500 per week within a few months
– Also sold over $1000,000 in additional inventory on other sites such as Ebay and Craigslist
– Launched the TQ BLACK product line, designed the packaging, and managed the launch
The Fun Finder, Inc. – President & CEO: February, 2007-June 2009
The Fun Finder was an idea I had for a magazine that shows all the fun things to do in an area. I created the company out of nothing, worked through all the legal issues, established distribution, built the magazine from initial concept to finished product, designed and produced all the marketing materials, developed sales techniques, managed the employees and everything else required. At it’s peak, we printed and distributed over 30,000 magazines a month. We also hosted special events and charitable drives such as motorcycle shows and contests. The company had fast initial growth, landing some major accounts including Dave & Buster’s, Medieval Times, State Farm, Nationwide & Sears.
Network Communications, Inc. – Art Director: May, 2000-May 2008
I served as Art Director for the largest real estate publishing company in the world. Responsibilities included marketing the Creative Services department, overseeing 4 graphic designers, handling customer service issues and assisting in the launch of new products. I worked on the design and development of several websites including Treb.com, and ApartmentFinder.com. I’m also the one the top executives came to for their personal work, important client projects, and marketing advice. I also helped manage the look and feel for several publications including The Real Estate Book, Apartment Finder, Unique Homes Corporate Choices and others.